Vocational Rehabilitation and Blind Services (VRBS) contracts with school districts to deliver Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) in high schools. These funds do not replace or reduce the school’s obligation to provide transition services as part of the IDEA.

How to Start a School Contract

  • Contact your local Pre-ETS Specialist and set up a time to discuss your school’s needs and transition plans.
  • Complete a work plan that details the Pre-Employment Transition Services to be provided and how they will be delivered. The intent of the contract is to increase and add to the existing transition services schools are providing. This is an opportunity to add a new project, new curriculum, expand work experience sites and increase the pre-employment training options for students.
  • Review and complete the contract and submit to Tammy Hogan, Pre-ETS Bureau Chief, for approval. Your local Pre-ETS Specialist will be able to assist you with any questions.
  • Begin Pre-Employment Transition Services. Invoicing and payment take place at the end of each calendar quarter.

Pre-Employment Transition Service Website Resources

(This is not an all inclusive list of Pre-ETS resources)

#1 Job Exploration Counseling

ExploreWorkMCISNTACT_The_CollaborativeO*net Interest Inventory

#2 Work-Based Learning Experiences

Montana Career LabVRBS - Useful Teacher ToolsMontana Department of Labor and Industry

#3 Counseling on Opportunities for Enrollment in Post-Secondary Education

A Guide to Assessing College ReadinessThink CollegeA Transition Guide to PostSecondary Education and Employment for Students and Youth with Disabilities

#4 Workplace Readiness Training

Pocket Resume Soft Skills Checklist Mock Job Interview

#5 Instruction in Self-Advocacy

Montana Youth TransitionsGuidelines: How to Write about People with DisabilitiesCenter for Parent Information and ResourcesBefore Age 18Office of Public InstructionMontana Office of Public InstructionPre-ETS Facebook