Big Sky Rx Program
Big Sky Rx (BSRx) is dedicated to helping Medicare clients pay for Medicare approved prescription drug insurance premiums. It is administered by the State of Montana.
- Montana is your primary state of residence
- Must be a Medicare recipient
- Must meet generous income criteria
- Income less than $25,760 (single person) Or $34,840 (two person household).
- Assets (your nest egg--for example; IRAs, Bonds, Stocks, Savings Accounts) are NOT income.
Enrollment in BSRx is on-going. Clients may enroll ANYTIME of the year.
NOTE: Due to the fact that we are a State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program (SPAP), clients may enroll in a Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) at any time of the year, or change plans once a year. Clients do not need to wait until the end of the year for the open enrollment period.
Steps to Enroll:
- Call (866) 369-1233 or download an application.
- Complete the entire application, sign it and mail to BSRx.
- If your income is below $18,450 (single) or $24,690 (two person household) and you have limited assets, fill out an application to apply for Extra Help (LIS) from Social Security. Social Security will determine if you are eligible for the Extra Help (LIS) program and send you a letter, please send a copy to BSRx.
- Choose a Medicare approved prescription drug plan (PDP). For help selecting a plan, call (800) 551-3191 for your local State Health and Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) or go to the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare website.
For more in-depth information about BSRx:
- Common questions and answers about BSRx
- BSRx application cover sheet
- BSRx application*
- Direct Deposit Form
*This application can only be viewed and downloaded from the internet. A paper copy with a signature must be received by the Big Sky Rx Program to process.
Prescription help and other useful links:
- AARP Benefits QuickLINK
- American Cancer Society
- HealthWell Foundation
- Montana partnership for prescription assistance
- My Medicare Matters
- National Organization for Rare Diseases
- Patient Access Network Foundation
- Patient Services Incorporated
- Patient Advocate Foundation-Co-pay Relief
- State Health and Insurance Assistance Program