Nursing Facilities Services
The Nursing Facility Services Bureau provides or makes services available through two major programs:
The Medicaid Nursing Facility Services Program
Pays for short-term and long-term nursing care for individuals eligible for Medicaid. Sixty percent of nursing care beds in Montana are funded through Medicaid.
The State Veteran's Home Program
Provides skilled nursing services and other ancillary services to Montana's elderly veterans in two state facilities. The Montana Veteran's Home is located in Columbia Falls and was dedicated in May 1896, making it one of Montana's oldest human service programs. The Eastern Montana Veterans' Home is located in Glendive, and was built in 1994 and opened its door in 1995.
Level Of Care (LOC) - Screens for Nursing Facility Residents
WebEx Power Points
- Myers & Stauffer Montana MDS & Case Mix - August 5, 2014 - (PDF)
- Nursing Facility Services - November 6, 2013 - (PDF)
- Continued Stay and Long-Term Care Reviews (MPQH) - (PDF)
- Payment Error Rate Measurement 2014 FY Cycle - (PDF)
- Partnering with Montana for Medicaid Recovery Audit (RAC) Services - (PDF)