DPHHS Home       About Us       Contact Us       News & Events       Programs & Services       Health Data & Statistics

A - Z Index

Community Services

Medicaid Provider Enrollment

Medicaid Provider Enrollment
Anyone interested in enrolling as a Medicaid provider must complete an online application through Xerox. The online application can be accessed at HERE.

The Community Services Bureau manages enrollment of Home and Community Based Services, Personal Assistance Services. Home Health, and Hospice providers. In addition to the online enrollment process through Xerox Home and Community Based Services and Personal Assistance Service providers need to contact the Community Services Bureau regarding the application process. Please see below for more details.

Medicaid Personal Assistance Services
Please see the attached “Welcome Letter” for more details on enrolling as a Medicaid PAS provider. For more information on Medicaid Personal Assistance Services (PAS) please refer to the program description under the “Community Services” section of the Long Term Care Division website or access the following HERE.

You may also access the information booklets about “Personal Assistance Services” and “Self-Direct Personal Assistance Services” available HERE.

There are four steps to complete in order to become a Medicaid Personal Assistance Service provider.

First, interested parties must complete the online ACS application. To enroll as a Medicaid Personal Assistance Service you must select the provider type “personal assistance” on the online application. Once you have completed the online application you will be set up with a provider ID number. You must use this provider ID number to bill PAS. You cannot bill any other services with this provider ID number. If you are interested in providing other Medicaid services, for example Home and Community Based Waiver Services, you will need to complete a separate online application and receive a different provider ID number.

Second, you must submit a packet of required material to the Community Services Bureau PAS Program Manager. The contact information for the PAS Program Manager is located at the bottom of the page. Refer to the attached Administrative Rules of Montana for the documentation that is required in order to enroll as a Medicaid PAS provider. If you have any questions about the required material contact the PAS Program Manager for assistance.

Third, once you have determined that you are interested in enrolling as a PAS provider you should contact your local Regional Program Officer to schedule a time to receive an orientation to the PAS program. This orientation will provide you with the opportunity to learn more about the PAS program and the provider requirements. You will also learn more about the agency-based and self-direct options of the PAS program. Refer to the attached document for the Regional Program Officer Contact information.

Finally, you must attend a two-day training for Personal Assistance Providers. The training, entitled PAS 101, provides the necessary information to provide PAS in a manner that is consistent with Medicaid policy and procedure. The PAS 101 training is offered twice per year, usually in the spring and fall.
Once you have completed the four steps to the enrollment process you will be approved to provide Medicaid Personal Assistance Services. At this time you may begin accepting referrals and billing Medicaid for the service.

Medicaid Personal Assistance Program Manager
Abby Holm
PO Box 4210
Helena, MT 59604
Phone: (406) 444-4564
Fax: (406) 444-7743
Email: abholm@mt.gov

Home and Community Based Services
Home and Community Based (HCBS) Waiver program.

For a detailed description of the HCBS waiver services refer to the located HCBS Manual.

If you are interested in enrolling as a Medicaid HCBS provider please contact the specialist listed below:

Medicaid HCBS Waiver Enrollment Specialist

Craig Bender
PO Box 4210
Helena, MT 59604
Phone: (406) 444-4376
Fax: 406.444.7743
Email: cbender2@mt.gov