Montana’s 2014 Centenarian’s Search
The Governor’s Advisory Council on Aging would like to recognize all Montanan's that are, or will be 100 years of age or older by December 31st 2014.
Montana’s 2000 census showed that we had 162 centenarians and it is estimated by 2025, we will have over 3,000. For the 2013 Governor’s Conference, held in May in Glasgow and Great Falls, we recognized 74 centenarians and honored 14 in person at the conference luncheons. By recognizing our eldest of the elders and honoring them, we hope to raise the public’s awareness of our aging society.
If you are a Centenarian or are aware of one and would like them to receive a Certificate of Recognition from the Governor, please supply us the following information:
- Centenarian's Name.*
- Contact person (who to send certificate to).*
- Mailing address (where to send the certificate).*
- Birth date of Centenarian.*
- Where were they born?
- If not born in Montana, what is their story on how they got to Montana?
- What is the secret to their longevity?
- What has been the most amazing event in their life that they would like to share?
- What is their favorite quote?
- Anything else they would like us to know about the centenarian?
- Please provide a picture of the centenarian.
NOTE: * First four items must be completed in order to receive a certificate.
Each year at the Governor's Conference on Aging, we want to recognize our centenarians. Even if we have honored or recognized them before, we want to continue to acknowledge their achieving centenarian status and each year over 100 is an amazing accomplishment.
In January of each year, we continue the process to identify and recognize Montana’s centenarians, those who will reach the age 100 this year, as well as all those who are over 100.
Please send your centenarian information to:
DPHHS – SLTC – Aging Services
PO Box 4210
Helena MT 59604-4210
or - email email@example.com
or - call Senior and Long Term Care at (406) 444-4077.
Be sure to check out the 2014 Conferences web site at
www.aging.mt.gov for more information.