2008 Governor’s Conference on Aging
MINI-GRANT APPLICATION FOR SENIOR PROJECTS.
Applications must be received by April 30th, 2008..
The purpose of the Mini-Grant Program is to help facilitate up front funding of innovative ideas that will serve senior interests in local communities. Funding for these grants is provided by the Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare, the Aging Services Bureau of the Department of Public Health and Human Services, and other private organizations.
The one time only mini-grants range from $600 to $1,000. Applications can be received from any governmental agency or 501(C)3 non-profit organization. The community receiving the grant must have a population fewer than 10,000 and be more than 25 miles from a city population of 10,000+. Before and after photo’s of the project will be required.
Eligible activities include a full range of services needed by Montana’s seniors such as training and education, development of support services, creating or enhancing on-going services to meet a specific or unmet need of seniors in the community. They should exhibit collaboration with the aging network, and public/private sector partnerships are encouraged.
Those selected for an award will be expected to prepare a report on their success for the 2009 Governor’s Conference on Aging.
Note: Responses need to identify which following question they are answering.
1. Describe the problem/unmet need in the community and its affect on seniors.
2. Describe how you propose solving this need/problem.
3. Explain how you will collaborate with the aging network, or establish a public/private partnership.
4. Provide a detailed budget for the proposed project.
Priority ranking of the proposals will be based on the following:
- Is this a serious unmet need/problem?
- Is this a creative solution to the need/problem?
- Is this a wise expenditure of funds?
- What will happen to the project after the funding is ended?
- Is it a collaborative proposal?
- Can it be replicated in other communities?
City/ZIP_____________________ Daytime Phone Number __________
Email address _____________________________________________
Who is responsible for the project ______________________________
Who is the sponsoring organization _____________________________
I verify that the funds from this mini-grant will be used as detailed above, if received, and funds granted will be expended by December 31st, 2007.
Send applications by April 30th 2008 to:
PO Box 4210
Helena MT 59604-4210
1-800-332-2272 or direct 406-444-7782,
For this Document in Word, click HERE