The Governors Advisory Council on Aging would like to recognize all Montanan’s that are 100 years of age or older, centenarians, at the 45th Annual Governor’s Conference on Aging to be held May 7th and 8th in Glasgow and May 9th and 10th in Great Falls. The theme of the 2013 conference is: Aging in the Last Best Place.
Montana’s 2010 census showed that we had 175 centenarians and this number is expected to continue to increase each year for the next 30 years. By recognizing our eldest of the elders and honoring them we hope to raise the public’s awareness that the baby boom generation started turning 65 years old in 2011 and this trend will continue for another 18 years.
Any centenarians, who are able to attend the conference, will be recognized at the Centenarians luncheon on May 7th in Glasgow or May 9th in Great Falls. We are particularly hoping that our oldest Montanan would be able to attend. All centenarians’ who reply will receive a centenarian’s recognition proclamation from the Governors Advisory Council on Aging.
If you are a centenarian or are aware of one and would like them to be recognized, please supply us the following information by April 30th, 2007. We would also like to get a good, non-Polaroid photo and replies to the following questions.
- Their name and address.
- Where and when were they born? If not born in Montana, what is their story on how they got to Montana?
- What is the secret to their longevity?
- What has been the most amazing event in their life that they would like to share?
- What would their favorite quote be?
- Anything else they would like us to know?
- Will they be attending the luncheon? If so, in which city, Glasgow or Great Falls?
- We would also like to have a nice clear photo of the Centenarian to put in our program.
Please send your information to:
Governor’s Conference on Aging - Centenarian
DPHHS – SLTC
PO Box 4210
elena MT 59604-4210
Or e-mail it to email@example.com.
For this Document in Word, click Here