In today's society, retirement planning has become a must. People are living longer lives, often as long as thirty-five to forty-five years past retirement. Thus, there is a drastic need to help Montanans of all ages realize the importance of planning ahead for an emotionally, physically and financially secure retirement. In this section, you will discover information about the tools you'll need, to plan effectively for your financial future.
To learn more about financial planning, just review the following list of topics and choose those most interesting and pertinent to you. If you would prefer some assistance gathering the information you seek, click here for information on how to contact the staff of the Montana Senior and Long Term Care Division or your local Area Agency on Aging.
Financial & Insurance Considerations & Resources
- Disability Determinations
- Estate Planning
- Gifting Montguide
- Legal Guide
- Long Term Care Insurance Considerations
- Long Term Care Insurance Guide, Montana State Auditor's Office
- Medicaid and Long Term Care Costs: Montguide
- Reverse Annuity Mortgage (RAM)
- State Insurance Commission
- Social Security Benefits
- Talking With Aging Parents About Finances
- Veteran's Benefits