The Montana Diabetes Resource Center
This Resource Center is designed to provide information to people with diabetes, their families and their health care providers by linking them to helpful resources. Links include information regarding the burden of diabetes in Montana, quarterly surveillance reports, monitoring efforts within the state, diabetes resource guides, educational tools developed by the Montana Diabetes Project staff and other links providing insight to diabetes care and prevention.
Please tell us what you like about this site, what you don't like, what you would like added to this site, or if there is other information about diabetes that you need, by sending e-mail to Susan Day, Office Manager of the Montana Diabetes Project.
- Montana Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention State Plan
- Progress & Opportunities in Diabetes Control: In American Indians with Diabetes in Montana & Wyoming: 1998-2009
- "Preventing Chronic Diseases: Investing Wisely in Health" - A fact sheet from the Montana Diabetes Project
What gets measured gets tracked! If you are interested in assessing your practice patterns and insuring your patients with diabetes are receiving the highest quality of care according to the American Diabetes Association's Clinical Recommendations, the Montana Diabetes Project (MDP) can help. The MDP offers tracking system software at no direct cost! To learn more about our Diabetes tracking systems, use this link.
- Information about Acanthosis Nigricans - Acanthosis nigricans is a skin disorder characterized by dark, thick, velvety skin in body folds and creases. This brochure provides additional information about this disorder.
- April - June, 2013
- January - March, 2013
- October - December, 2012
- April - June, 2012
- January - March, 2012
- October - December, 2011
- January - March 2011
- October - December 2010
- July - September, 2010
- April - June, 2010
- January - March, 2010
- July - October, 2009
- April - June 2009
- January - March, 2009
- October -November, 2008
- July - September, 2008
- April - June, 2008
- January - March, 2008
- Winter 2007
- Spring 2007
- Winter 2006
- Fall 2006
- Summer 2006
- Winter 2005
- Fall 2005
- Spring 2005
Diabetes: What is it and who should be screened?
- Diabetes Risk Test - How do you rate?
- Living with Diabetes - Treatment and Care from the ADA
- Diabetes Statistics - From the ADA
- Diabetes Symptoms - From the ADA
- Type 1 Diabetes - Formerly known as insulin-dependent diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes - Formerly known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes
- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) - Diabetes diagnosed during pregnancy
- Educational Programs
- Diabetes Care: Information for Clinical Providers
- Diabetes Resource Library
- American Indian Health
- Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services
Keeping your blood sugar in control and taking care of your feet
everyday can help you avoid serious foot problems.