17th Annual Montana Diabetes Professional Conference
October 23-24, 2014
The Montana Diabetes Project (MDP) is committed to:
- Reduce the morbidity and mortality of diabetes and its complications among Montanans
- Prevent or delay the development of diabetes among Montanans at high risk
- Improve the quality of life of all Montanans with diabetes.
MDP supports the following activities in Montana:
- Surveillance of diabetes, its complications and risk factors
- Prevention efforts to reduce the burden of diabetes and related chronic diseases
- Quality Improvement to increase diabetes care
- Quality Diabetes Education Initiative to increase access to quality diabetes education
- Partnerships to coordinate resources, and increase the scope and effectiveness of interventions
In March 2009, a new state plan was developed by MDP in collaboration with the Montana Diabetes Advisory Coalition. This plan outlines the goals and strategies designed to achieve them by 2014. The overarching themes are to reduce morbidity and mortality due to diabetes, prevent or delay diabetes development and improve the quality of life of Montanans with diabetes. These objective can only be accomplished through the joint efforts of healthcare leaders, insurers, public health agencies, policy makers, healthcare organizations serving Montanans, and engagement of the people of Montana. To view a full copy of the Montana Diabetes Project State plan click here, or on the icon to the left.
Diabetes: The Burden in Montana provides a comprehensive assessment of diabetes prevalence, risk factors, rates during pregnancy, care, complications, and mortality. This document presents data from several different sources to quantify the burden of diabetes and its complications in Montana. Data is current through 2006, and the report was published in 2008. Progress and challenges can be identified along with opportunities to address these issues. To learn more, view a full copy of Diabetes: The Burden in Montana by clicking here, or on the icon to the left.
The MDP partnered with the Montana Tobacco Use Prevention Program (MTUPP) to develop a series of posters, brochures and commercials designed to promote the Tobacco QuitLine among Montanans with diabetes.
Montana Tobacco Quit Line Promotional Materials order form
To view full size images of the posters click the icons below.
Visit the Resource Center for the full list of diabetes and tobacco cessation materials.
This Resource Center is designed to provide information to people with diabetes, their families and their health care providers by linking them to helpful resources. Links include information regarding the burden of diabetes in Montana, quarterly surveillance reports, monitoring efforts within the state, diabetes resource guides, educational tools developed by the Montana Diabetes Project staff and other links providing insight to diabetes care and prevention.