Health care transition resources for youth with special health care needs are important to safeguard adequate health care coverage and continuing access to necessary health care services. Transition is a time when youth learn to take charge of their own health and make the daily decisions on how to take care of themselves.
The family's role in transition is to make sure their youth with special health care needs know how to manage their own health and make sound choices. Children's Special Health Services goal is to provide resources for youth and their families as they go through the transition process and ensure they have access to resources that may be useful during the transition process.
- Montana Parent's Handbook on Transition: What Happens After High School
- Montana Parent's Handbook on Transition: Adult Living
- Transition from a Pediatric to an Adult Medical Home
- Parent’s Lets Unite for Kids
- University Of Montana Rural Institute