It’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Each year, over 700 Montana women get breast cancer. Our goal at the Montana Cancer Control Programs is to lower this number by encouraging Montana women to get screened for breast cancer.
Here are the best ways to lower your risk of breast cancer:
- Get Screened. Talk to your doctor about breast cancer screenings.
- Do Not Use Tobacco: Tobacco use is linked to breast cancer and other forms of cancer.
- Eat Healthy: Healthy foods help to ensure a healthy body.
- Get Regular Exercise: Move your body to keep it healthy.
- Limit the Amount of Alcohol You Drink: Alcohol use has been linked to breast cancer.