There are two ways to use the
Quit Line: Call or visit www.QuitNowMontana.com
Montana Tobacco Quit Line Services
- A FREE personalized quit plan
- 5 FREE pro-active cessation coaching sessions
- 8 weeks of FREE nicotine replacement therapy (gum, patches or lozenges). Callers who enroll in Quit Line services may be eligible for up to 8 weeks of free NRT. The Quit Line will explain to the caller how and when these medications will be mailed out.
- Chantix at a reduced cost ($50 co-pay per month for three months)
- Bupropion at reduced cost ($5 co-pay per month for three months)
- FREE educational materials for health care providers as well as friends and families of tobacco users
- A fax referral system for health care providers who have patients that want to quit using tobacco (see provider link)
- Trained staff that offers culturally appropriate services for American Indians
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Program offers special services to women who enroll while they are pregnant.
Montana Quit Line Hours
We're here 7 days a week: 6:00 AM to 11 PM, MST.
We have 24 hour voicemail, so please leave us a message.
We will call you back!
Refer a Patient: To refer a patient to the Montana Tobacco Quiline please print out the referral form fill it out and
fax it to: 1-800-261-6259
Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes, adolescents are welcome to call the Quit Line. The FDA has not approved NRT for persons under 18 so they are not eligible for that benefit.
- Yes or you can call 1-866-485-7848
- No, the individual may have as many calls as needed to quit and stay quit. The research indicates that five sessions is the optimal number for telephone cessation counseling. Individuals who relapse are also encouraged to call the Quit Line. Studies show that individuals will quit several times before they stay quit.
- NRT (gum, patches, or lozenges) is mailed directly to the enrolled individual. NRT shipping can be tracked on the quit line website, but individuals must be enrolled in phone services to be eligible to receive free NRT.
- Colorado Quit Line
- Kentucky Quit Line
- Michigan Quit Line
- Minnesota Quit Line
- North Dakota Quit Line
- Ohio Quit Line
- Pennsylvania Quit Line
- South Dakota Quit Line
- Utah Quit Line
- Vermont Quit Line
- Wyoming Quit Line
- Bachelor-degree or higher educational level
- Extra staff available for heavy advertising, high-volume times of year (January), etc.
- Registered Nurses available to work with clients with chronic diseases (Asthma, COPD, heart-disease, mental health, etc)
- Specific Counselors specialize in Teen Smokers, Spit Tobacco, Prenatal Smokers, Stress Reduction, Weight Loss and Exercise Programs