Most routine dental services are covered for members with Full Medicaid and HMK Plus.
Children 20 and under
- Can get dental exams and cleanings as often as necessary
- Should visit a dentist by their first birthday, and then at least once every six months after the first tooth comes in
- During a Well Child Checkup, doctors should do an oral exam, including the application of fluoride varnish if needed
- Bridges and tooth-colored crowns are available
- Dentures are covered
Adults with Full Medicaid benefits
- Can have dental exams and cleanings every six months
- Can get two porcelain crowns per calendar year
- Dentures (see denture details below)
Dentures for adults
- Dentures are covered for adults
- Partial dentures may be replaced if the dentures are 5 years old or older
- Full dentures may be replaced if the dentures are 10 years old or older
- One lost pair of dentures in a person’s life time is covered.
Adults with Basic Medicaid
- When dental services are necessary to get or keep a job, talk with your OPA Case Manager about the “Essential for Employment” program.
- Emergency dental care is covered when related to emergency treatment.