Montana Chemical Dependency Center Treatment Philosophy
Montana Chemical Dependency Center is the only state in-patient treatment facility that is respected and emulated within the state. MCDC provides the highest level of professionalism aligning our treatment with the American Society of Addiction Medicine, Level III.5 and III.7 care.
- Patients will be treated with respect, dignity and understanding
- Promote patient accountability, responsibility and honesty.
- Use medical evidence based practice in treatment
- Treat patients as individuals and refrain from any categorical classifications, assumptions or actions.
- Patient focused treatment, respecting their choices, concerns and individual needs and expectations or individualized treatment.
- Co-occurring addiction and psychiatric disorders are the expectation, and not the exception.
- Sensitive to the complexity of dysfunction and pain inherent in those who struggle with multiple disorders and are patient with progress in treatment.
- Patients transfer to an alternate level of care based on documented clinical evidence of changes in symptom severity, identified in the interdisciplinary treatment plan, which warrants the alternate level of care.
- Best medical practice is use in prescribing medication to assist our patients in obtaining both psychiatric and physical stability for diagnosed disorders.
- We do not have to agree with the choices a patient makes for their life, but we do have to accept it. Every effort is made to protect patients safety and health, and we respect their right to choose for themselves.
- Admission or dismissal from treatment is not based on any one individual’s decision; rather, interdisciplinary input is acquired and documented. To Maximize the best outcome for the patient.