Montana Chemical Dependency Center Admission Information Sheet
Greetings and welcome to the Montana Chemical Dependency Center (MCDC). MCDC is the only single state facilities providing treatment for addictions. The staff at MCDC understands the consequences of being chemically dependent and we are committed and dedicated to treating each patient individually, with dignity and respect as the illness deserves. If you have received the Admission Information Sheet, it indicates that you have already taken the initial steps to deal with your addictive disorder and will soon be coming to MCDC for inpatient treatment.
The inpatient services available at MCDC are explained below. Useful information is listed, so please take a few moments to read the information. If you still have questions after reading the information, call the Admissions Department at (406) 496-5412.
In Patient Services
- Transportation: It is best for your treatment if you have a support person to transport you to the facilities. We encourage you to have someone who supports your recovery transport you to your next destination. MCDC will assist you with this if this is not possible.
- Financial Affairs: Patient rates are based upon “ability to pay” using a sliding scale fee. The patient’s financial status, is conducted at the time of admission.
- Professional Services: Physical Assessment and Examination, Health Screening Lab; Withdrawal Treatment (Detoxification) for scheduled patients; Individualized Treatment Plans; Individual and Group Therapy; Daily Education; Peer and Self Help Projects; Mental Health Assessments; counseling and treatment; Relapse Prevention and training; Transition Planning. We understand the illness of addiction and how it affects everyone aspect of a person’s life. All aspects are addressed in the Interdisciplinary treatment program. Random U/A’s will be conducted on a monthly basis.
- Admissions Date and Time: Admissions are accepted Sunday through Thursday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. However, exceptions will be made, as necessary. All admissions are pre-approved for scheduled arrival date and time.
- Exercise and Recreation: Patients are encouraged to go on scheduled walks and participate in activities originated by staff.
- Phone Privileges: Incoming patient calls are not permitted. Patients can bring a calling card when attempting to make outgoing local or long distant call. Cell phones will be placed in a secured area upon check in and returned upon departure.
- Mail Services: Mail is picked up and delivered daily, except weekends. Patients must provide their own stamps. All incoming parcels will be opened in the presence of MCDC Staff.
- Visitation: Saturday is designated as “Family Day”. We strongly encourage family participation and attendance. Patients must submit all requests to their primary counselor regarding who will be participating in Family Day. For a complete list detailing the activities of Family Day, speak directly with your primary counselor. For the sake of treatment no children under the age of sixteen (16) are allowed to participate in Family Day unless previously approved by your counselor.
- Length of Stay: There is no average stay at MCDC. It varies by individual and is based solely on the patient’s ability to understand the disease process and willingness to commit to treatment. Treatment often lasts between 22 and 32 days.