Child Care Resource and
*For Mini Grant Applications, please click on your district on the map below.
The Early Childhood Services Bureau contracts with eleven regional CCR&R agencies to offer the following services:
- Help low-income families find and pay for child care
- Offers referrals to licensed and registered child care facilities for families of all income levels
- Offer training, technical assistance, and support for child care providers
- Initiate projects to build quality child care
- Inform policy makers, businesses, and the public on child care related issues
- Advocate for child care providers and for families with children
Services to Families
Child Care Resource and Referral agencies provide referral services to families seeking child care. This includes providing parents with information regarding:
- Child Care openings,
- Location of care,
- Special circumstance information, such as does the provider offer extended hour service, has he/she completed accreditation process, or does he/she serve infants and toddlers.
Child Care Resource and Referral agencies determine eligibility for the Best Beginnings Scholarship Program for low-income families and manage state assisted payments to providers.
Services to Providers
Child Care Resource and Referral agencies:
- Work with the local licensing specialists to present quarterly orientation sessions for new providers and provide technical assistance to providers who have been referred by licensing specialists for corrective action.
- Develop and present regular training to child care providers in the areas of:
- Child Development
- Health and Safety,
- Infant and toddler care,
- Sound business practices
(Click on different sections of map to go to R&R page)