Injury Fact Sheets - (http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/cmprfact.htm) - The Injury Center's fact sheets summarize important information aboiut key injury topics. Each fact sheet highlights relevant statistics, descriptions of related CDC activities, and prevention tips and resources.
Injury Maps, CDC Injury Center's interactive mapping system
- (http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/maps/default.htm) - Gives you access to the geographic distribution of injury-related mortality rates in the the United States. Injury Maps allows you to create county-level and state-level maps of age-adjusted mortality rates for the entire United States and for individual states.
Leading Causes Charts- (http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/osp/charts.htm) - Charts depicting leading cause of death and leading causes of non-fatal injury.
WISQARS - Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System
- (http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/wisqars/) - The Injury Center's online statistical database mortality and nonfatal injury data. Get customized tables and charts fo the latest injury statistics.
National Highway Traffic Safety - Office of EMS - NHTSA EMS site with links to curriculums, agendas for the future and other national documents
Montana Emergency Medical Services Association (http://www.memsa-vitals.org/) - MEMSA is an Association dedicated to representing all personnel who provide emergency medical services in Montana.
Flathead County Office of Emergency Services (http://www.digisys.net/oes/) - "Dedicated to the Protection of Life and Property through Aggressive Preparedness, Emergency Services Response and Management"
Brain Injury Foundation - (http://www.birf.info/) - The mission of the Brain Injury Resource Foundation is to provide education, advocacy and support for persons affected by brain injury.
Brain Trauma Foundation
- (http://www.braintrauma.org/site/PageServer?pagename=About_BTF) -The mission of the Brain Trauma Foundation is to improve the outcome of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) patients worldwide.
Dept of Labor, Board of Medical Examiners site - (http://discoveringmontana.com/dli/bsd) - Information about your EMT license, the new EMT rules and protocols and updated information about the new programs and curriculums.
Dept of Labor Licensee Lookup page
- (http://app.discoveringmontana.com/bsdinq/index.html) - Part of the Dept. of Labor website - search for updated information on your license from the Board of Medical Examiners.
National Registry of EMTs - (http://www.nremt.org/ NREMT) - registers EMS providers from across the nation and this web site is designed to provide service to the public, registrants, state and EMTs who are Nationally Registered.
Operation Lifesaver.com - Rail safety and emergency response to train accidents
American Association for the Surgery of Trauma - (http://www.aast.org/) - A premier academic trauma surgery organization in the United States, has approximately 1,000 members from 30 countries, publishes the Journal of Trauma and holds annual scientific meetings.
American College of Chest Physicians - (http://www.chestnet.org/about/index.php) - ACCP Mission: To promote the prevention and treatment of diseases of the chest through leadership, education, research, and communication.
American College of Surgeons - (http://www.facs.org/) - The American College of Surgeons is a scientific and educational association of surgeons to improve the quality of care for the surgical patient by setting high standards for surgical education and practice
American Trauma Society - (http://www.amtrauma.org/) - The American Trauma Society is dedicated to the prevention of trauma and improvement of trauma care.
Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma - (http://www.east.org/) - The Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma is a non-profit organization organized to furnish leadership and foster advances in the care of injured patients.
Emergency Nurses Association - (http://www.ena.org) - ENA contributes to the professional growth of staff nurses and managers.
National Foundation for Trauma Care - (http://www.traumafoundation.org/public/) - To secure the economic viability of America's Trauma Centers and foster the development of a national system of trauma care so that access to excellent care for the seriously injured is assured.
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism - (http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/) - NIAAA provides leadership in the national effort to reduce alcohol-related problems
Society of Trauma Nurses - (http://www.traumanurses.org/) - The Society of Trauma Nurses is a membership-based, non-profit organization whose members represent trauma nurses from around the world. Members are nurses involved in trauma care in clinical, administrative, research and educational roles.
TraumaLink - Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- (http://www.chop.edu/consumer/jsp/division/service.jsp?id=27708) - TraumaLink is a comprehensive pediatric trauma research center based at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and the University