Community AED Program Registration
Thank you for your interest in the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Program. Once you have evaluated the need for and made the decision to establish an AED Program there are a number of things you must do in order to comply with the statutes which require you to register your entity.
- You need to identify and make contact with a Montana licensed physician, physician assistant or registered nurse who will agree to provide medical supervision for your AED Program. This person provides medical advice to your program relative to integration with the EMS system, training for your responders, maintenance of the AEDs and review of your calls.
- You will need to obtain AED training for those who will actually provide the response and use of the AED in an emergency. This must be from an organization that provides training equivalent to the American Heart Association standards.
- You will need to apply to have your organization registered the OPHI-AED module of the Health Information and Resource Management System. Once you obtain a user name and password from our office, you can access this site at: https://ejs.hhs.mt.gov:8442/ems/ . You will be required to enter information about your organization, who manages it, the AED(s) you have and who is trained to use it.
- You are required to perform regular checks and maintenance of your AED(s) and keep records of such.
- You will be required to complete an electronic incident report for each incident in which you respond.
Before beginning, you can download the OPHI-AED module user manual which will help you prepare and complete your registration.
or call: (406) 444-3895