Advisory Boards & Councils
Numerous advisory boards and councils assist and guide the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services in developing, maintaining, and evaluating its various programs.
Governor's Advisory Councils
The following councils were created by statute or by executive order of the Governor. Members are appointed by the Governor. If you are interested in serving on one or more of them, or if you would like to recommend someone's appointment, visit the Governor's Appointments Web page.
- Advisory Council on Aging
- Board of Public Assistance
- Children's Trust Fund
- Committee on Telecommunications Access
- Family Support Services Advisory Council (FSSAC)
- Health Coalition
- Interagency Coordinating Council
- Statewide Independent Living Council
- Trauma Care Committee
- Traumatic Brain Injury Advisory Council
- Vocational Rehabilitation Council
Department Advisory Councils
The following advisory groups were created by the Department, in many cases with the involvement of partners and stakeholders. If you are interested in serving on one or more of them, or if you would like to recommend someone's appointment, please contact the DPHHS employee whose name is listed in the council description.
- Child & Family Services Advisory Councils
- Children's System of Care Planning Committee
- Best Beginnings Advisory Council
- Medicaid Drug Use Review Board
- Mental Health Oversight Advisory Council
- Montana Worksite Health Promotion Coalition
- Tobacco Prevention Advisory Board